Monday, September 29, 2008

Next step

So we finally have 5 references, that was the only thing holding us back from sending in the application. So once we mail it in, we just have to wait for the agency to call us to set up an appointment and then we will officially have started! We've been talking about this for so long, I can't believe we are finally going through with it. I really hope we can get the home study done before Christmas so we can apply with the other agency in the beginning of next year.

I know this is kind of dumb, but I really hope that we get a baby in enough time for me to go to Japan to visit my sister. I want to visit her in the spring of 2010, but I am afraid that if we get a baby before then but the adoption hasn't been finalized I might not be allowed to take him/her out of the country. And I would be so sad to miss that opportunity, I will probably never have another chance to go to Japan. I know a baby is more important, but also if I don't get to go there, my sister and her family might not see my baby until they come home which won't be until 2011. The baby might not even be a baby by then. Of course, if I can't go I can't go, but it's just one more thing swimming around in my head these days.

Anybody want to know what my biggest fear in all this is? I am afraid that we will get a call for an emergency placement and I won't have clean clothes if I have to pack to leave at the last minute. That is so dumb and trivial, but yet I can't stop thinking about it!! I really hope we get matched with a birthmom who is still pregnant, I am such a planner that it will make it so much easier on me, lol. And I also want to be in the delivery room if I am allowed, so that's another reason I want to be matched with an expectant mom. So cross your fingers for us! :)

No comments: